Process Operations Emphasis
This area of emphasis involves the application of the physical, natural and engineering sciences in the operation and design of manufacturing plants. Graduates fill jobs that are responsible for a wide range of production processes ranging from production control to materials handling.
The educational goal of this area of emphasis is to prepare engineers for designing improved processes and for applying improved industrial process control systems for manufacturing applications.
As engineers, graduates with this specialization are pursuing careers in manufacturing and production. Typical work done by graduates include:
- Assembly line layout and design of workstations,
- Analysis of material flow and development of just-in-time processes,
- Scheduling of workload and resource needs,
- Quality management of production processes,
- Planning and implementation of a complete manufacturing process.