PhD Engineering - Biochemical Emphasis
Program of Study
Minimum requirement – 72 credit hours (minimum of 32 credit hours course work; minimum of 40 credit hours research and dissertation)
Required Courses (10 credit hours)
- ENGR 6910: Foundations for Engineering Research (3 credit hours)
- BCHE 8970: Bioengineering Seminar (4 semesters, 4 credit hours)
- ENGR 8103: Computational Engineering (3 credit hours)
Required Course - choose any three of the following (9 credit hours)
- BCHE 8150: Heterogeneous Reactor Design and Bio/Catalysis (3 credit hours)
- ENGR 8160: Advanced Fluid Mechanics (3 credit hours)
- ENGR 8170: Advanced Heat Transfer (3 credit hours)
- ENGR 8180: Advanced Mass Transport (3 credit hours)
- BCHE 8210: Fermentation Engineering Laboratory (3 credit hours)
Electives (13 credit hours)
Minimum of 13 additional graduate-level credit hours of course work selected with the approval of the student’s Graduate Advisory Committee.
Research and Dissertation (40 credit hours)
- A minimum of 37 hours of doctoral research (9000) or project-based research (9010). Typically, students complete more than 37 credit hours with the approval of the Graduate Advisory Committee.
- 3 hours of Ph.D. Dissertation (9300) is required on the Plan of Study.