Capstone Information for Students
Senior Design Timeline
2019 Capstone Senior Design Deadlines
Budget proposal for project funding due January 18, 2019
- Additional funding instructions, forms, and details can be found here.
- Contact Dr. Roger Hilten for any funding- related questions and concerns.
Project Abstracts are due on April 1, 2019 at 3pm
- Submit via email to Michael Wooten at email@example.com with subject line “Senior Design Abstract”+ project title, firstname.lastname@example.org must be copied on this submission
- Abstract should be 1 paragraph (250 word limit), 1 image/ figure can also be submitted to be included in the project booklet
Poster/Slide: Due April 16, 2019 at 12pm
- Submit via email to email@example.com , slides must be formatted to reflect approved template.
- Senior Design Showcase Poster Template (PPT)
Capstone Senior Design Showcase Event: April 23rd, 2019 in Tate Grand Hall
Capstone Senior Design students will be assigned to a project and project team early during the fall semester. Project assignments are based on:
- Project needs and preferences of project sponsors
- Faculty recommendations and assessment of student skills
- Student interests and project rankings
Although the College of Engineering strives to match students to projects they are most interested in, there is no guarantee that a student can be assigned to a particular project or project group.
Current Capstone Senior Design students must rank their project preferences by completing the online 2018-2019 Senior Design Project survey. Surveys must be submitted by Wednesday, August 22 by 11:59 p.m.